Thursday, November 8, 2012

PC Review: Amelie's Cafe: Summer Time

Once again, I bring you a review of another Diner-Dash type game. (Hold your applause.) This time, it comes from the Amelie's Cafe line of games. Admittedly, I hadn't played one before this, but they all seem to have the same concept, so I figured it doesn't matter to play them out of order.

It goes without saying that the premise of the game is to serve customers in a timely manner before they get mad and leave. About the only unique twist on this game is that you have to keep the work stations tidy, or the staff won't be able to cook the food. Everything else is about the same as Diner Dash. The graphics are slightly better (or worse, given your point of view - it's not all 2D comic book style, but the 3D aspects aren't the most fabulous I've ever seen either), but the game itself, in difficulty, is about a million times easier. I finished the whole game in one afternoon, and that was while stopping between each level to tidy my house.

There's definitely nothing groundbreaking here, and it's quite easily a forgettable game. Still, it's a decent time-killer if you need a diversion, so I'll rate it a 3 out of 5 stars.

No comments: